Wednesday 28 September 2011

Getting Ready to Move In!

Before we moved in, it was crucial (for reasons mentioned here and here) that we do a major clean up.  With a  generous care package from my sister and brother-in-law, and some lollipops to keep us going, we set to work.



Scrubbing every last inch of floor with a vegetable and vinegar mix (oil to restore some sheen to the dried out wood and vinegar to disinfect) that was ridden with unwanted animal smell and an impossible grime to get off (I'm guessing because the finish had worn off of the hardwood??)



We dusted every nook and cranny.  The house was so dusty it was nast. 




And then it was time to...





!!!!!!


Alright, just a wee post for today, but come back tomorrow to see the first little DIY project we tackled.

Blogger isn't allowing me to comment on my own blog right now, but I can read yours, so please continue to comment if you like and I hope to have this fixed soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment