Monday 21 November 2011

Little Things

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  We had a great weekend, mainly because Darryl is back from three weeks away for work.  And look what he brought home with him...



I was a giddy little girl at the sight of those beauties, because in all of our 10+ years this is the first bunch of flowers Darryl's given me!  I've never been much of a flower girl, so that's a good part of why, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't make my day.

We have a long list of things to check off our to-do list before we can live downstairs again, and we were able to check 3 of them off this weekend! 

Remember these?





We had 23 to finish up, and while we didn't finish exactly, the main part is done.  The plugs are all in!  We thought we had the plate covers here but late yesterday afternoon, we realised we didn't.  So we'll be sure to pop those all on ASAP....but for now, here's how they're looking.





I'm a fan of the no-hole-and-open-wires look the walls are now sporting!

***UPDATE: The next day we went out and bought the plate coverings and put them on.  Eventually we'll invest in some dimmers too...




Much better!

And remember how the potlights were hanging down from the ceiling?



Now they're right where they're supposed to be...



The empty hole is where we still need to find the main lighting for the room, but I promise all the potlights are really done!
Another thing we checked off our list was to put handles on all of our kitchen cabinets, so while I can't show you pictures today, they are coming soooon!  (I can't show you hardware before I show you the kitchen!)

When I say "we" checked three things off our list, it was really Darryl who got these done while I was giving the bathroom its second coat of paint.


What did you guys get up to this weekend??

2 comments:

  1. Yay for flowers :) The outlets and potlights look great - it must feel good to check those babies off the list! I spent the weekend painting, painting, painting, and I've still got lots more to do (I think I add two new painting projects for every one I finish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah checking things off a to-do list feels so great! Were you painting your cabinets??

    ReplyDelete