Tuesday 13 December 2011

Thankful Ornament

Back in October we tried writing daily "thankful" notes, an idea we tried from YHL.  I really liked doing this all month, it really made me more aware of things to be grateful for and I think we might try it again next year! I pondered what I'd do with the papers once Thanksgiving was done and then it dawned on me - not long after Thanksgiving is Christmas. I decided to fill an ornament ball with all of our notes!




I didn't want us to have spent a month recording things we were thankful for and then to just throw our hard work and memories away after Thanksgiving passed!  This way I figure if it's something we'd like to do each year, I can label the ornaments with the year and we can have them to look back on. 

So I headed over to Michael's with a 40% off coupon, only to see that the balls were already 50% off - even better!

When I got home I rolled each of the papers up (to fit them better, and for some visual interest) and stuffed them in the ornament. 


Then I wrote "Thanks 2011" on the ball, tied a ribbon to it and hung it on our tree!  I love that it's an ornament that we've both had a hand in, normally all the handmade ornaments are all me, so this is a nice change of pace!




 And here she sits all pretty-like in the tree!




I'm linking up with the holiday craft party at Centsational Girl - there's so many great ideas to check out!


1 comment:

  1. Great gift idea...or a few to keep! Stop by and enter to win my Heirloom ornament...only 1 day left to enter. I'm a new follower too. Warm wishes, Lori

    ReplyDelete