Thursday 23 February 2012

A Drop of Sunshine

I've got less than two weeks until the shower and lots to get done before then.  I've been getting a few projects for it done over the last week and a bit, but I'll have to share them with you after the shower because I don't want to ruin anything for my sister!

On the weekend, I did it!  I finished up sanding!  Woot!  I cannot tell you how happy I am to be done that phase of the stairs, such a mess.  So this upcoming weekend I hope I can get all of the staining and polyurethane coats done.  Wish me luck!  

So in between all that sanding and two birthdays to celebrate we popped into Value Village and I picked up a few things.  I grabbed this little bowl, because I love it's bright sunny colour and it just happens to be one of the accent colours I'm starting on the main floor.  I'm definitely craving some sunshine so this little cutie will fill the void until winter is over.



For now it's holding some fruit, but I'm not sure I may move it around to a few different spots before I decide where he'll fit best.




The other thing I picked up at Value Village I have some spray painting plans for.  I'm just wondering if any of you ever spray paint in the winter and does it ruin the cure-factor?  I really don't want to wait until spring to tackle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment