Friday 24 February 2012

Starting to Get Back into the Groove...

Things have been quiet on the home-project front here for a few weeks now, mainly because Darryl has been away at work and now that he's home he's working a few weeks of 12hr shifts which means by the time he gets home, he has just enough time to eat, relax for a bit and then it's off to bed! 

But no more.

Last night we got a few practical things done which have improved this area of our main floor...


I don't have time to put a full post together today, so I'll be back on Monday to share with you what we've done.  It's so hard to get pictures of this space because it's a teeny little powder room and the lighting is terrible, but it's looking better than it has.

With this being my last weekend before the shower, my goal for this weekend (again, I've never done this before so I have no clue if I'm being over-ambitious or not) is to get all of the stain and 3ish coats of polyurethane done on the stairs. 



I know the job itself is totally doable in a weekend, I'm just not sure of drying times which is the only thing that would hold me up.  Then I figure I can paint the rest on the evenings after work.

I have a bunch more projects to get done for the shower during those drying times too, so it's sure to be a busy weekend and next week I'll have a few more posts to share with you than I have in the last few weeks.  Enjoy yourselves!

What are your weekend plans/projects??

No comments:

Post a Comment