Thursday 12 April 2012

Happy 2 Weeks!

I'm a little late in posting this, but on Thursday March 29th at 6:46am my little 7lb niece came into the world!!  Twenty-nine seems to be a popular number for female birthdays in our family - I'm the 29th of August, my mom is May 29 and her Aunt Lisa on her Daddy's side (who has a hilariously awesome blog- check it out especially if you're a fan of Survivor!) is June 29th.  Coincidence??  And all but one of us have names starting with an "L"???  That's got to mean something...right??

Little Lily Grace is now at home and doing very well.  She came right in between her Mom and Dad's birthdays, so they are all within 6 days of each other (even their Kitty's birthday is in there too!).  She's only 11 days old and already I love her so much it hurts!  I could just stare at her precious little face all day long.  At just 2 weeks old you can already start to see bits and pieces of her personality taking shape. 

Here she is only a few short hours after being born...

I may be a little biased, but tell me she is not the most beautiful little angel!!

Her first outing (to another house anyways) was over to our house for Easter dinner on Sunday.  She was in an adorably too-big Easter dress that I regret not getting a picture of!  Already I'm daydreaming of when she's older and having slumber parties and craft days with her.  I know, I'm a nerd, I can't help it.


I can't decide what I love more, her perfect little lips, her precious chin or my sister's mini-me nose.  And all that hair! 

I could ramble on and on and on about her already (and will spend my day looking forward to getting a little cuddle in with her tonight - sorry I'm such a Lily hog guys!) so I'll stop myself here.

Happy second week birthday Lily!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love the name and she is just gorgeous! Being an aunt is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Amelia! I do think being an aunt is the best - but I think soon you're going to find that being a Mom is even better!!

    ReplyDelete