Monday 30 April 2012

How to Ask Your Bridesmaids

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!  I'm so looking forward to the warmer weather they're starting to call for this week, it's been an icky last few weeks here. 

Well, wedding plans are well under way!  When I asked my bridesmaids I wanted to do it in a fun way.  One of my friends loves the challenge of a good puzzle so I thought I'd try to make her a puzzle with a message on it.

I bought a foam flower shape for the base from the dollar store (I had a rectangle in my hand and knew that that would be way too easy for her so I opted for something with rounded edges).  Using some Mod Podge I cut up strips of newspaper and glued them to the flower.




Then (much like a randsom note) I cut out all the letters I would need and glued them on.

Side note: Randsom notes hold such fond memories for me haha, I remember this one exciting day or two when we were younger and we had had our aunt, uncle and cousins, who lived across the street, over for dinner.  I guess when they left they had forgotten their salad dressing at our house and hours later they sent one of their young kids over with a randsom note asking us to return the dressing or else...Of course we couldn't just hand it over, a few fun randsoms were exchanged back and forth and us kids were used to deliver them.  I remember it being so funny and exciting.  Oh memories!  Maybe that's why I was drawn to this idea haha


Anyhoo, with a permanent marker I drew out my puzzle lines



Cut all the pieces up! 






Fun Fun!  It was a bit of a challenge with the rounded edges but she got through it and figured it all out.  It was definitely more fun than just asking her.

I wish I had a picture of how I asked my sister but I forgot.  I had a card and the cutest (in my opinion anyways) little book called "You and Me" (or maybe "Me and You")...I can't find it anywhere and it was the last one on the shelf.  But basically it's about how the character "Me" was looking for a friend and in the end, Me finds "You".  Super cute. 

I have one more I'll show you this week as well  :)


Have you had to ask some of your closest ladies to be your bridesmaids?  How did you do it?  Did you get up to anything fun this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment