Friday 8 June 2012

Bouquet Inspiration



On to the flower portion of the wedding planning.  Last night I met with a florist to get an idea of bridesmaids bouquets.  There are so many pretty inspriation pictures on Pinterest that I'd printed off to show her so she could tell me what will be in season, what will wilt easily and what won't...all that good stuff. 


Pinned Image


Pinned Image

 
I love the crespedia (the little round ones), but heard they are hard to come by and fall apart easily.  Luckily there's a good altermative in these mini mums (I forget their proper name) but they have the same feel and I enjoy them so we'll have a few of those in there.



this picture doesn't want to center itself, but it's from here

I also L-O-V-E the look of the succulents tucked in the second bouquet from the top but can't imagine how they'd stay in there.  Maybe these are just magazine shots and not practical, actually used, bouquets?  But Darryl's mom used to work in a flower shop back in the day and she suggested using eucalyptus!  She found a generic grocery store bouquet (which, to be honest with you, I loved the look of on it's own anyways...can't I just buy those as our bouquets???  lol) that had some in it and I really like it... 

DSC04021


 
This is only a fraction of the bouquet, as I divided it between a couple vases, but the general tone/colours I love.  Nice and bright and sunshiny.  But see the sprig of eucalyptus in there?  I think it looks great and just may use that as an alternative to the succulents.  It has the same tones/colour and gives the bouquet that wilder, more scooped-up-from-the-fields look than a perfectly manicured bouquet.  And actually, the wall colour is looking quite similar to what the girls' dresses will be and I think it's a pretty backdrop  :)

And I haven't decided if I want to buy the boutonnieres or if I want to attempt to make some non-floral one, similar to these...

Pinned Image


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

...or maybe throw in a teeeeeeeny tiny little brooch bling in Darryl's to go with my bouquet? Or maybe it will be less stressful to just have them made??  Decisions decisions...

Anyhoo, I hope you all enjoy your weekend!  I'm looking forward to a quieter, slower paced, drier weekend than the one we had last weekend!

Any fun bouquets/boutonnieres you've seen on pinterest or anywhere else lately?  How about plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment