Saturday 7 September 2013

Pre-Ceremony

So after a long blogging hiatus, I went back through a few posts and was reminded that I never, over an entire year, shared some wedding pictures with you.  So in light of our anniversary week (I call it that because last Sunday was our first wedding anniversary and tomorrow is our 12 year anniversary of being together), I thought what better time than now to reminisce over our wedding day.
 
Since there's quite a few to go through, I've decided to do them in categories, today's being Pre-Ceremony, then Ceremony, Formals and maybe a few bonus ones at the end.
 
So with that, here is a little of what was going on, one year ago, before the ceremony!
 
Where guests would be seated and where we would stand for the ceremony...
 
 photo IMG_0077_zps14f68181.jpg
 
If you were a guest, sitting in the above photo, and turned around, you would see the venue, and the bridge I would cross to get to the ceremony...
 
 photo IMG_0079_zps02e630ec.jpg
 
As I walked from the venue, this is the view of the bridge I had - so pretty! - and a little peak of guests before they would see me...
 
 photo IMG_0087_zpsdc6e139a.jpg
 
Another shot of the bridge towards the ceremony...
 
 photo IMG_0089_zpsaed8247e.jpg
 
For many bride and grooms a limo is the usual way to arrive at their wedding ceremony.  For me, the quiet family ride in our family car felt perfect.  It actually wasn't supposed to be in this car, my dad was going to drive his Cadillac as it's a little more fancy, but as we walked to the garage we realized that the Cadillac was blocked in with no car keys on hand to move the blocking car haha.  To me, I didn't care how I got there, I just wanted to be married.  In the end, it felt even more perfect to have driven our family Jetta.  As I sat in our car in "my spot" and looked to my left at my sister, my best friend, in "her spot" and my parents in front of us, it just felt right.  Like the many family drives we had taken in our lifetime together. 
 
 photo IMG_0129_zps97d91d02.jpg
 
Very excited getting out of the car!  Being very careful to hold the dress up so as to not get any car grease on it.  I love how it looks like my mum's got some walkie-talkie to connect with the bigwigs inside the venue...
 
 photo IMG_0136_zpsb42b4adf.jpg
 
Fluffing the dress out...
 
 photo IMG_01442_zps55701a23.jpg
 
Upstairs in the bridal suite, taking a quick glance in the mirror...
 
 photo IMG_01522_zps96b9d1c5.jpg
 
Darryl chatting with our minister, Norm...
 
 photo IMG_0169_zpsb5e479a7.jpg
 
The bridge...
 
 photo IMG_0210_zps5717c00e.jpg
 
Darryl's boutonniere, which we now have enlarged and framed in our living room...
 
 photo IMG_0217_zpsdd093b8b.jpg
 
So there's a few shots of what things were like before the ceremony!

I remember feeling so calm all morning, and then nervous once we got to the venue at the thought of so many people staring at me, and then calm again once I got to Darryl.  Such a range of emotions to feel all in one day!

Thanks to my cousin, Shelagh, for our pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment